Congratulations to the 2015 Youth Philanthropy Contest Winners!
Projects that Received Community Funding
This year, EVERY project that entered the contest received funding from generous donors and local philanthropists. Thank you for believing in and supporting our youth and their creative, charitable ideas to make a difference!
- Backpacks from the Heart – Norfolk Catholic 3rd Grade and Sonshine Preschool
- This team will send school children back to school with a backpack full of supplies they will need for the year, help families with back to school costs and get kids excited to head back to school.Project Complete May 2015! See details…
- Every Body Play – Emily Neemeyer and Kendall Hansen
- This pair will purchase equipment and raise awareness for an inclusive playground experience for every “body.”
- Food for Hope – Vanessa Famer, Libya Abdudaim, and Sabrina Graham
- This project will raise money for cancer research by selling vegetables.
- Friends Through the Differences – Josie Miller and Emily Ames
- This group is hosting a party to raise awareness for people with disabilities.
- Gifts of Christmas Joy – Grant Elementary 2nd Grade Class
- This class will create bags of Christmas Joy for children their age and contain items of need and necessity.
- Overnight Bags for Foster Kids – Becca Asbury and Ava Wiedeman
- This pair will make bags to give to foster kids when they’re moving to a new home.
- One Second is All it Takes – Taylor Ewald and Brooke Gettman
- This project will use activities and presenters to encourage the community to change their unsafe driving habits to make the roads of Northeast Nebraska safer.
- Pound Buddies – Ryann O’Brien, Maryn Mead, and Sydney Easland
- This group will help provide new toys and homes for thousands of cats and dogs in rescue centers.
- Texting & Driving Has G2G – Emily Funk, Cameron Carney, Aaron Hoff, and Jana Unger
- This team will spread the word about the dangers of texting and driving in a way that brings people together in a fun and interactive way.
- Red Shield Youth Music Academy – Edward Rosales (Salvation Army)
- This project will provide youth with an opportunity to unfold hidden musical talents.