The Philanthropy Council was established in 2010 with a mission to create a culture of giving in northeast Nebraska. We are comprised of collaborative partners from area non-profit organizations who come together to share resources and support the mission to create a culture of giving.
Our purpose is to:
- Create a culture of giving.
- Provide foundation directors and other area non-profit staff, volunteers and board members with an opportunity to meet on a regular basis to discuss issues, share information, and partner to raise awareness on giving opportunities in our communities.
- Focus on educating area residents on ways in which they can give something back to their favorite non-profits through coordinated events, informational sessions, and mailings.
- Encourage best practices among area non-profits.
- Maximize member organizations’ resources.
- Coordinate volunteers through information sharing, education and partnerships.
- Reduce duplication of efforts in the community and maximize results.
- Share resources and jointly produce events and marketing materials that provide information about area non-profits and giving back.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Collaborative Partners (updated 08/2016):
- Animal Shelter of Northeast Nebraska
- The Arc of Norfolk
- Behavioral Health Specialists
- Boy Scouts of America
- Bright Horizons
- Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children (CASA) of Northeast Nebraska
- Elkhorn Valley Museum
- Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
- First Christian Church of Norfolk
- First United Methodist Church of Norfolk
- Great American Comedy Festival
- Immaculata Monastery/Missionary Benedictine Sisters
- Liberty Centre Services
- Midtown Health Center
- Mosaic of Northeast Nebraska
- Norfolk Area Community Foundation Fund
- Norfolk Area United Way/Norfolk Family Coalition
- Norfolk Arts Center
- Norfolk Catholic Schools/Sacred Heart Parish
- Norfolk Family YMCA
- Norfolk Library Foundation
- Norfolk Public Schools Foundation
- Norfolk Public Transportation
- Norfolk Senior Center
- Northeast Community College Foundation
- Northern Nebraska AHEC
- Oasis Counseling International
- Read Aloud Norfolk
- Salvation Army
- S.M.I.L.E. Inc.
- Women’s Empowering Life Line, Inc.
- The Zone
Chair – Jake Claussen, Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
Vice-Chair – Open
Secretary – Sam Wolfe, Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
Treasurer – Linda Olson, Bright Horizons
Past Chair – Jake Claussen, Faith Regional Health Services Foundation
Youth Philanthropy Contest Chair – Kristi Carmichael, First Christian Church
Awards Committee Chair – Open
Event Planning Chair – Sydney Hurley, Animal Shelter of Northeast Nebraska
Big Give Chair – Anders Olson, Norfolk Area Community Foundation Fund
Marketing Chair – Jessica Chamberlain, Norfolk Library Foundation
The Philanthropy Council of Northeast Nebraska is an account of the Norfolk Area Community Foundation Fund, an affiliated fund of the Nebraska Community Foundation.