Congratulations to the 2022 Youth Philanthropy Contest Winners!
- Books and Babies by the Elkhorn Valley Schools Century Club – Our goal of our project, “Books and Babies”, is to provide families of newborn babies with books before they even leave the hospital to encourage them to read aloud to their young children.
- Embrace Park Little Library by Isabella Fuhrer & Madalyn Fuhrer – To open a little library at Embrace Park in Norfolk, regularly stocked with children’s books with positive messages of inclusion and diversity. Offering readers books on celebrating diversity by appreciating the variety of abilities and cultures people have.
- Luggage of Love by 7th Grade Students in Mrs. Boche’s ELO class (Extended Learning Opportunity Class) at the Norfolk Junior High School – We want to make a difference for teens who are going through a difficult time in their life by providing them with a piece filled with essential items and a lot of love when they arrive at Bright Horizons.
- Premier Estates Smiles by Eleanor Bauermeister & Lydia Cone – We are going to make tie blankets for all of the people living at Premier Estates in Pierce.
- Raelynn’s Warm Wishes by Raelynn Terveer – My project is to make tie blankets for the residents at the Norfolk Veterans Home.
- Scents of Hope by Sophia Mackey – I plan to purchase and donate perfume to Haven House in Wayne, Nebraska. Haven House helps women who have been in domestic violence situations.
- Serving the Vets by Blaire DeLancey – I want to make 50-60 care kits for Veterans at the Norfolk Vets Home since they have been isolated from visitors for the past couple of years because of Covid.
- Youth Artists Mural by Austin Truex – The Youth Artists Mural project is designed to allow young people from the area make their mark on the community through personalized art, collaboration with others, and the beautification of Norfolk’s downtown district.