Mailing Address: PO Box 1041, Norfolk, NE 68702
Physical Address: 333 West Norfolk Avenue, Norfolk, NE 68701
Director: Candace Allen
Mission: To unite people and resources for the purpose of development or expansion of human service programs within the local community.
What We Do: We provide a network of local health/human services to most of Northeast and North Central Nebraska (22 counties.) Currently, we support 27 area agencies who provide services that focus on Education, Health, and Income issues.
Area Served: We serve the following counties: Antelope, Boone, Boyd, Brown, Burt, Cedar, Cuming, Garfield, Greeley, Holt, Keya Paha, Knox, Loup, Madison, Pierce, Platte, Rock, Stanton, Thurstion, Wayne, Wheeler. A total population of more than 144,000 people. Providing services to low-income households.
Our Wish List:
- Reduce substance abuse, child abuse, domestic violence.
- Increase access to basic healthcare services, health education and preventive care.
- Support basic needs while increasing financial education.
- Improve access to early learning opportunities, provide after-school and mentoring programs for at-risk youth.
- Partner with schools and parents to improve graduation rates.
Number of Staff: 1
Number of Regular Volunteers: 300
Year Established: 1966
How We Are Governed: 18 Board Members are elected by the Board of Directors for 2-3 year terms.